Are You Ready World? Here Comes the iPhone 6
The iPhone 6 is rumored to be available around September 19, 2014. As the date nears, the hype machine will be in full gear. Reports of supply shortages, people camping in front of retail outlets, stores opening at midnight and much more will dominate news coverage over the next week.
So will the iPhone 6 be worth the hype?
History has taught us that Apple will find someway to amaze us. In fact, Apple has revolutionized the smart phone as we know it today. The other thing that Apple is very good at is keeping us in suspense. Here are some of the rumors that have been circulating.
- Larger Screen Size – The size of the screen is rumored to increase to 4.7 inches and 5.5 inches (yes, two choices). Rumors also state that some options may include a bezel free sapphine screen that is substantially more durable.
- Thinner Chasis – The iPhone 6 will be noticeable thinner than it’s predecessors.
- Improved Photo Capabilities – This includes higher photo and video resolutions as well as a dual flash with both amber and white LEDs.
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi – If true, the iPhone 6 will be able to connect at “Gigabit” speeds.
- Near Field Communication (NFC) – Near Field Communication is essentially a way to wirelessly connect devices over a very short range.
- Mobile Payments – With NFC, Apple could turn your phone into a mobile wallet.
Along with these rumored advancements, expect amazing apps in the field of health as well as integration with items such as wearable technologies.
With a report that Apple has supply orders in for 70 to 80 million iPhones, this promises to be the largest smartphone roll out in world history. So if you are one that needs to be first in line to get one, check your camping gear now. Oh, and please do us all a favor and bring extra deodorant to your urban campout.