Bismarck Apartment Fire Displaces Residents
A fire at a 12-unit apartment building on Sunday displaced a few residents but nobody was injured.
According to the Bismarck Fire Department, crews responded on Sunday afternoon to 131 E. Bismarck Expressway and found heavy smoke coming from a third floor apartment.
Firefighters had the fire knocked down about 15 minutes after arriving on scene. The fire was confined to the apartment where it originated and the hallway.
Neighboring apartments suffered heavy smoke damage. Initial estimates say there is over $100,000 in damages.
The cause of the fire is believed to be a grease fire on the stove.
Some residents were displaced but nobody was injured.