The National Weather Service in Bismarck has extended the Blizzard Warning for the Bismarck-Mandan area until 4 p.m., Monday, December 26th.
NDDOT has opened a small stretch of I94. Here is the afternoon update on openings and road closings.
I-94 OPEN from Montana Border to Dickinson; No Travel Advisory remains in Effect
NDDOT has OPENED I-94 from the Montana Border to Dickinson. A No Travel Advisory remains in effect due to blowing and drifting snow creating near zero visibility and hazardous driving conditions.
Motorists should be aware the following advisories are still in effect:
· HWY 52 CLOSED from Portal to Brooks Junction, and from Minot to Carrington
· I-94 CLOSED from Dickinson to Fargo, except Bismarck/Mandan Metro
· HWY 2 CLOSED from Minot to Grand Forks
· I-29 CLOSED from Grand Forks to Canada Border
· HWY 281 CLOSED from Carrington to Canada Border
· HWY 83 CLOSED from Minot to Bismarck
· ND 5 CLOSED from Langdon to Minnesota
· No Travel Advisory are in effect for Williston, Dickinson, Minot, Bismarck/Mandan, Devils Lake, Jamestown, Valley City, Grand Forks, and surround areas. Motorists should take No Travel Advised seriously as those motorists who choose to travel at their own risk may become stranded and emergency responders may not be able to reach them safely.
· Travel Alert for Fargo, Mayville, Hillsboro, Casselton, Lisbon, Wahpeton, and surround areas.
Many local streets in Bismarck-Mandan are not passable and therefore a Snow Emergency remains in place.
Stay with Townsquare Media for continuous updates.