The Best Christmas Decorated Towns In North Dakota
Pack that car and check out these towns in North Dakota that embrace the holiday spirit. AND if you are not in the spirit, they will soon have you change your mind. These towns pull out all the stops. From decorated main streets to homes beautifully lit to holding special "Santa Visits" to Holiday walks and lots of local support. All of these things take us back to a simpler time, makes us yonder for years ago and will bring back the child in us all. Enjoy the trip with a thermos of hot cocoa packed along and be sure to stop in and enjoy what each of these towns has to offer. These towns may be small, but they have hearts of gold and warmth for all.
Here Are The Best Christmas Towns
- Linton, North Dakota. Located SE of Bismarck / Mandan in Emmons County. The town comes to life yearly at night. Colorful displays, and holiday spirit at each corner. AND if you are fan of comedy, Friday, November 55th join them for the 25th Annual "Light Up The Night".
- Hazen, North Dakota. Located along highway 200 in Mercer county. Home to the Hazen Light Show held nightly and the community welcomes all to join for it's annual Hazen Holiday Hoopla Walk Around which takes place December 1, 2022.
- Hebron, North Dakota. Located west of Bismarck / Mandan in Morton County. Home to one of the oldest theatres, plan to attend Santa Claus Day on December 3rd, 2022, as there will be a free movie shown at the historic Mayer Theatre, as well as a vendor show and homemade soups and baked goods. Hebron is a step back in time. Enjoy the fun Christmas lights on Main St. to the homes colorfully decorated throughout. Click Here For More Info.
- Medora, North Dakota. Head further west to the Badlands. Medora every year is the perfect backdrop for a scene right out of a movie, with the snow-capped buttes to the specialty shops, expect a day of fun for the whole family. The 26th Annual "Old Fashioned Cowboy Christmas" will be held December 2-4th, expect eats on the streets, shopping, dancing and horse-drawn wagons.
- Garrison, ND. A short drive north of Bismarck is a fun little town known for its Dickens Village Festival running this year November 25-26, December 2-3, and December 9-10.
Are there towns we have missed? Which ones? We are always up for a road trip.