6 Things You Can Do For Memorial Day In Bisman
Allow us all to collectively gasp at those who've forgotten the holiday is near. If you don’t know, Memorial Day is coming up at the end of the month, on Monday, May 30th; most of of spend that weekend before the holiday spending
What Is Memorial Day?
Memorial Day often gets confused with Labor Day. It’s a nationally celebrated holiday. It’s a day to remember those who lost their lives serving in the military.
How Do We Celebrate?
- Thank A Veteran – You should do this every time you run into a Veteran, but maybe go out of your way to do it on this particular day. A special thanks can really go a long way.
- Visit A Monument or Memorial Site – We have a few right here in Bismarck. There’s one at our State Capitol Grounds, and you probably pass the Richard M. Longfellow Veterans Memorial every day.
3. Plan A Family BBQ – This is something most of us do. We spend some time gathering with friends and family. It’s a cookout and celebration of freedom.
4. Shopping - Of course, there are always TONS of Memorial Day sales. So, if you’ve been waiting to stock up on something, Memorial Day Weekend might be your time to shine.
5. Donate To A Veterans Fund – There are several veterans support funds out there. Remember: a little can go a long way.
6. Tour The Capitol – Last but not least, touring the Capitol is a cool way to spend the holiday. Haven’t been? Now’s your time to shine.
Those are just a few of the many ways you can celebrate the holiday. Memorial Day is a day of remembrance and honor, so don’t forget it’s coming up.
Honoring 7 North Dakotans who paid the ultimate price in Afghanistan
15 Ways You Can Help People in Ukraine Right Now