UND Student On Self Quarantine After Test
On March 9, in close coordination with the Grand Forks and North Dakota Departments of Health, a University of North Dakota student was tested for the possibility of COVID-19, also known as Coronavirus.
Test results are still pending. The student has agreed to be self-quarantined apart from general populations, pending confirmation of test results. The University plans to issue updates on this evolving situation as more information develops.
The Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, as well as state and local health officials, encourage everyone to follow these basic prevention tips:
- Get a flu shot.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then immediately throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.